- Inspector for Passport and Visa work
- Inspector on Passport and Visa work
Passport and Visa Sector operates at the International Relations Office and serves foreign students coming from near and far abroad.
The main functions of the Passport and Visa Sector:
- registration of invitations and entry visas to foreign students and delegations at the invitation of KSMA;
- registration and extension of study visas for foreign students (graduates of the Pre-University Training, students, residents, graduate students) and teachers;
- registration of international students;
- interaction with the competent authorities for visas and registrations;
- interaction with Embassies and Consulates of foreign States in the Kyrgyz REPUBLIC;
- maintaining a database of expiration and extension dates of visas and registrations of foreign students enrolled in KSMA.
The procedure for processing and issuing visas is developed in accordance with the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "On external migration" and determines the procedure for issuing visas to foreign citizens and stateless persons entering, leaving, staying in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Foreign students are allowed to enter the Kyrgyz Republic, stay on its territory and leave the Kyrgyz Republicon the basis of valid foreign passports or documents, proving their identity, and issued by the competent authority of the country of citizenship or country of permanent residence.
Note: According to paragraph 12 of the resolution of the KR Government No. 219 dated 18 April 2017, ethnic Kyrgyz who are nationals of foreign States or stateless persons are exempt in the foreign offices of the Kyrgyz Republic and the consular service of the foreign Ministry from paying consular fees for registration, issuance of visa support, obtaining and renewal of entry/exit visas of the Kyrgyz Republic for entry/exit and stay in the territory of the CU on the length of stay established by legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Currently, the visa-free regime is established for the following CIS countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan.
The full list of visa-free countries is available here.
All foreign students will be issued a study visa type "S" for a period not exceeding 1 academic year with the possibility of annual extension with a total period not exceeding 5 years.
To obtain a study visa:
- foreign applicants entering the training programs in Russian must provide a valid passport to the Passport and Visa Sector.
- foreign applicants entering the training program in English should contact the official representative.
After crossing the state border of the Kyrgyz Republic, foreign citizens must register at the airport checkpoint. If You still have not checked in at the airport or arrived by other transport (train, bus), then within 5 days from the date of arrival in Bishkek, you must register at the place of residence in the Department of passport and registration of the population of the Oktyabrsky district or apply for registration in the Passport And Visa sector of kgma.
To register, you must provide the following documents:
- passport and copy;
- receipt of payment of the state fee.
To extend the visa, all foreign students are required to submit the following documents to the Passport and Visa Sector:
- valid international passport;
- petition from the Dean's office;
- a copy of the individual contract between the student and KSMA.I. K. Akhunbaeva;
- visa application form with photo in 2 copies;
- certificate of study.
To renew their registration, all international students are required to submit the following documents:
- Head of the Office
- Leading Specialist
- Specialist for external relations and informational work
The International Office was established in 1998 by Vice-rector for international relations and investments of KSMA Aidaraliev A. A. The first steps in establishing partnerships were made in 1998 with the conclusion of a Memorandum with the American International Health Union (AIHA) with the participation of the University of Nevada in five areas:
- development of international health
- development of family medicine
- development of nursing
- development of research potential of the Academy
- development of kgma resource center
Arsen Aidaraliyev, Vice-Rector for International Relations and Investment
The work of the established International Office at the initial stage was focused on establishing cooperation with international funds, organizations, partner Universities in order to find new technologies for training and research, attract funds, implement mutually beneficial projects.
Experience of three years of work and accumulation of experience of international cooperation led to the fact that the Office was transformed into three separate structures, each of which began to work on an independent direction of development of international relations of KSMA.
In particular, the Center for International Cooperation of KSMA was established, the main task of which was to enter the international markets of educational services, attract foreign students.
International Office of KSMA was engaged in cooperation with foreign Universities, international organizations and foundations. A number of major international projects in the field of improving teaching methods, research, optimization of University management were implemented through the activity of International Office.
The third division was the Center of information technology, whose task was to access the international information space, ensuring access of KSMA employees to the flow of modern medical information.
The subsequent work has shown the effectiveness of this approach in the development of the international potential of KSMA and enabled the full participation of KSMA in the international system of medical education
The first officers of the International Office
In 2008, the Center for International Cooperation was disbanded and the Department of International Relations was established. In 2009, by reorganization, the Department of International Relations was renamed the International Relations Office of the Kyrgyz State Medical Academy named after I. K. Akhunbaev. The Office was established in accordance with order No. 17 of January 22, 2009. International Relations Office - is a structural unit of the Kyrgyz State Medical Academy named afterI. K. Akhunbaev (KSMA).
The current officers
International cooperation is conducted with universities and educational institutions of the near and far abroad. On the basis of direct contracts and agreements the Academy cooperates with universities of Belarus, Spain, Kazakhstan, China, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, South Korea and others.
The active work is conducted on the exchange of students within academic mobility programmes, their participation in the annual scientific-practical conferences, Olympiads, as well as for making of an industrial practice in the universities of Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey and China.
The first practice were organized for a period of two weeks for students of the faculty of Medicine in Dagestan State Medical University on the cycle “Surgery” with the efforts of IRO. As well as students of 4-5 courses of faculty of General Medicine passed 1 months internship in the clinic of the University of Erzincan, Turkey in all four cycles. Educational programs of Universities have been previously agreed.
In 2018, KSMA received a grant on academic mobility in the key KA107 within the framework of the EU Erasmus+ program jointly with the University of Girona, Spain on a joint master's degree Erasmus Mundus Master on diagnostic imaging and practical application, which will be implemented until the end of 2019.
In cooperation with the medical faculty of the University of Geneva (Switzerland) state educational standards of the new generation are being introduced at the pre-diploma and post-diploma levels at KSMA.
A number of joint projects have been implemented with the support of the world Bank (WB), the Swiss cooperation Bureau (SDC) and the Embassy of Switzerland. In particular, on the basis of KSMA a unique Training center for clinical skills and Center for clinical skills and knowledge assessment was opened.
KSMA closely maintains relations with international organizations and programs, such as: German academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Erasmus+, Open Medical Institute (OMC), international Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The purpose of cooperation is to conduct joint seminars on various issues of education and science for students, residents and employees of KSMA.
In 2015 the KSMA received funding in the Erasmus+ project "Advancing the higher education in the field of biomedical engineering and Health management in Kyrgyzstan". The main objective of the project is to assist stakeholders in the use and management of equipment in addition to its acquisition. The goal will be achieved through the development of training programs in medical Informatics and biomedical engineering with the participation of Kyrgyz partner universities.
As part of the above-mentioned project, a Center for Distance Learning and Telemedicine was opened on the basis of KSMA in 2017. And in 2018, within the framework of the same project, a Training Laboratory of Biomedical Engineering was opened.
The Academy works closely with the University of Kyong Hee, South Korea in the framework of the project "Improving the health of preschool children in residential areas of Bishkek" under the Korean Agency for international cooperation KOICA since the beginning of 2017. During this time, a number of activities were carried out with the financing of the project: teachers of the departments of "General and clinical epidemiology" and "Faculty Pediatrics" developed seminars for medical personnel of the FMC №12 on capacity building, and teachers of the Department of "Nursing" developed a training course for senior students of the faculty "Higher nursing education". In addition, the above departments and the Department of "Propaedeutics of childhood diseases" implement three research projects on various problems of preschool age. Several teachers of the Department of "Nursing" participate in trainings on the analysis of games, where they learn the skills of assessing the physical and emotional state of children during games.
The Academy began its cooperation on the project in the field of medical care and education together with the Foundation GreenShoots Foundations Limited, London, UK. In 2017, 2 teachers of HIV education at the Royal Free Hospital underwent a 2-week internship.
KSMA cooperates with the University of Oviedo, Spain under the Erasmus Mundus Master programme on Public health in disasters. A “Letter of Intent” was signed between the Universities, as a result of which KSMA included a list of affiliated centers, KSMA teachers will be able to teach and graduates will be able to enter this master's program and defend a joint master's thesis.
The main tasks of the international relations Department are:
- Assistance in development of international cooperation of KSMA. I. K. Akhunbaeva;
- Correspondence with various Universities and organizations on issues within the competence of the Department;
- Organization of official meetings of foreign delegations, negotiations;
- Assistance in the preparation and conclusion of agreements, contracts, agreements on international cooperation and ensuring their further implementation;
- Organization of international events (conferences, symposiums, competitions, exhibitions, festivals, etc.) in cooperation with other KSMA departments and participation in the KSMA.);
- Cooperation in the organization of exchange of students with foreign partners, search for opportunities for training, internships, research students and employees of KSMA. I. K. akhunbaeva abroad, assessment of effectiveness;
- Development and submission of grant applications for participation in international research and training programs, assistance to other units of kgma in the preparation of projects;
- Promotion of the principles of quality management and development strategy of KSMA in the field of improving the quality of education;
- Collection of information on medical education systems of foreign countries for the study of international experience and further implementation of advanced educational technologies in the educational process of KSMA in order to attract foreign citizens from near and far abroad to study in KSMA;
- Providing foreign students with advice on the requirements of the Legislation of the Kyrgyz REPUBLIC, on educational programs in the field of medicine (training of highly qualified specialists in the field of health care in the programs of higher professional and postgraduate education).
In the organizational structure the IRO is a separate structural unit and lead by the Vice-rector for international relations and strategic development Ms. Gulmira Djumalieva
According to the Development Strategy of KSMA for 2010-2020, the leadership of the Academy defined the main strategic goal: to achieve international recognition and maintain the image of a leading center of medical and pharmaceutical education.
In this regard, the International Relations Office carries out its activities for the further integration of KSMA in the world educational space and actively developing international cooperation with the involvement and use of the potential of all stakeholders: government agencies, business, international organizations, etc.