Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
named after I.K. Akhunbaev
in the field of sustainable procurement
- Establishing sustainability criteria when making procurement decisions, prioritizing products and services that align with the principles of sustainable development.
- Eliminating or minimizing the use of hazardous substances that can harm human health or the environment.
- Preferring procurement of goods and services with a lower environmental footprint, including low emissions, energy efficiency, and renewable energy sources.
- Collaborating with suppliers who adhere to principles of sustainable resource use and hold certifications compliant with sustainability standards.
- Supporting procurement of goods and services that promote social justice, including adherence to labor standards, protection of workers' rights, and contribution to local development.
- Providing advantages to local suppliers and social enterprises, particularly under equal conditions.
- Observing ethical principles in procurement, including fighting against corruption and conflicts of interest.
- Verifying suppliers' compliance with ethical standards and requirements regarding human rights.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Developing a system for monitoring and evaluating sustainable procurement to assess its effectiveness and ensure continuous improvement.
- Implementing reporting on sustainable procurement, including tracking and documenting results and achievements.
Training and Awareness:
- Conducting training programs and seminars for staff responsible for procurement to enhance their knowledge of principles and practices of sustainable procurement.