31 May 2023 36
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic announces the start of accepting documents for the international scholarship "El Umutu", approved by the Presidents of the Kyrgyz Republic S.N. Zhaparov.
The scholarship "El Umutu" aims to assist the most talented youth of the Kyrgyz Republic in obtaining education at the master's and PhD level in foreign higher education institutions included in the top 100 world university rankings provided by QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education.
The scholarship "El Umutu" is annually allocated from the Fund of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic and is personal and is awarded annually by the Republican Commission to the most talented youth who have passed the competitive selection.
50 "El Umutu" scholarships are awarded annually for pussuers of master degree, including 20 scholarships in technical and engineering area, 10 scholarships in economic area, 10 scholarships in social and humanitarian area, 10 scholarships for studying under PhD programs.
Requirements for applicants for the scholarship “El Umutu”:
1. Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic under the age of 35;
2. For studies at master's degree level for up to 2 years and at PhD programs for up to 3 years, but not more than the period provided for in the curriculum of a foreign educational institution.
3.Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- fluency in one of the foreign languages (English, German, French, etc.), confirmed by certificates or other documents on passing the relevant tests and exams of the host party;
- active and effective participation in research work, confirmed by publications, author's certificates, abstracts, diplomas, etc.;
- other public presentation of the results of research work during the two years preceding the award of the scholarship, including by making a report (communication) at an international, republican or departmental conference, seminar, or other event of the appropriate level;
- recommendations from the teaching staff of the home university;
Applicants for participation in the competition provide the following documents:
1) the completed application form of the applicant for participation in the competition for the award of an international scholarship in the form approved by the authorized body;
2) passport/identity card;
3) Bachelor's/Specialist's/Master's degree with transcript attachment;
4) copies of documents confirming unconditional admission to academic studies, indicating the program, specialty, period of study, with notarized translations into the state or official language;
5) for persons studying for academic studies at leading foreign universities - an official document on academic performance issued by a foreign university / a certificate of the established sample indicating the specialty, course (year of study), information about the assessment system used in this educational institution, as well as the average score of current academic performance in this educational institution, with a notarized certified translations into the state or official language, if available;
6) information about active and effective participation in research work, confirmed by publications, author's certificates, abstracts, diplomas, etc.;
7) information about other public presentations during the two years preceding the award of the international scholarship, the results of research work, including by making a report (communication) at an international, republican or departmental conference, seminar, round table of the appropriate level.
Then attaches a set of documents to the form by the link: https://umut.edu.gov.kg/
Online acceptance of documents is accepted from June 1 to June 30, 2023.
In addition, the original documents must be submitted to office 317, located on the 3rd floor of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic.