Erasmus+ is the EU's programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. It offered a life changing experience to more than 10 million participants over the last 30 years, and will continue offering opportunities for a wide variety of individuals and organisations for the next seven-year lifecycle (2021-2027).
The aim of Erasmus+ is to support the educational, professional and personal development of people in education, training, youth and sport, to contribute to sustainable growth, quality jobs and social cohesion, to drive innovation and to strengthen European identity and active citizenship.
In the period 2021-2027 Erasmus+ will continue building on its successful and broad experience focusing on three horizontal priorities: inclusion and diversity, digital transformation, environmental sustainability
In particular, the Programme will support
- school development and excellent teaching;
- the Copenhagen process on vocational education and training;
- the renewed EU agenda for higher education and the Bologna process;
- the renewed EU agenda for adult learning;
- the renewed EU youth strategy; and
- the EU work plan for sport.
Specific issues tackled by the programme include:
- Encouraging young people to take part in European democracy
- Promoting adult learning, especially for new skills and skills required by the labour market
- Contribute to reducing unemployment, especially among young people
- Supporting innovation, cooperation and reform
- Reducing early school leaving
- Promoting cooperation and mobility with the EU's partner countries
- Developing the European dimension in sport, in particular grassroots sport
Erasmus+ offers opportunities for:
- Individuals to spend a mobility period abroad and to receive linguistic training,
- organisations to collaborate in project partnerships in the fields of academic and vocational training, schools, adult learning, youth and European sport events.
Erasmus+ also supports teaching, research, networking and policy debate on EU topics.
Erasmus+ includes a strong international dimension: cooperation with Partner Countries notably in the field of higher education and youth, through institutional partnerships, youth cooperation and mobility worldwide.