Project title in English: “Advancing University Education in Biomedical Engineering and Health Management in Kyrgyzstan”
Project ID: 561894-EPP-1-2015-1-DE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Project duration: November, 2015 г. - June, 2019 г.
Financing organization: European Commission
Grant holder: Westsachsische Hochschule Zwickau, Germany
- To improve the quality and strengthen the role of higher education institutions in Kyrgyzstan in society, by developing new and innovative educational areas in the field of health care (informatics in medicine and biomedical engineering, management in health care) in order to identify the needs of the labor market, improve public services, and empower doctors and technicians to effectively use existing equipment in health care.
- Strengthen national and international cooperation through the exchange of new curricula, teaching methods and materials.
- expanding the capacity of higher education institutions in Kyrgyzstan to facilitate the development of lifelong learning by creating an IT infrastructure in higher education institutions;
- development of additional qualifications in accordance with the qualification system (QF) for continuing education (LLL) in Kyrgyzstan;
- development and implementation of pilot courses in computer science in medicine and biomedical engineering;
- improve cooperation between Kyrgyz universities, industry and the labor market by introducing training programs (including practical training periods) focused on the needs of the Kyrgyz labor market and the public health sector.
- Westsachsische Hochschule Zwickau, Germany
- Technical University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania (TUCN)
- Faculty of Organization and Informatics, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia (UZ-FOI)
- Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transport and Architecture n.a. N. Isanov
- Kyrgyz State Technical University named after I.Razzakov
- I.K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
- Osh State University
- С. Naryn State University named after Naamatov
- Issykkul State University named after Kasym Tynystanov
- Talas State University
- In 2017, the center for distance learning and telemedicine opportunities was opened in KSMAA with the receipt of equipment for a total of 4,674. 96 euro;
- In 2018, was opened a biomedical training laboratory with equipment worth 111788.00 euros;
- Teachers of the Department of Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Computer Technology developed a functional map of the qualification framework, defined labor functions and learning outcomes in the areas of "Informatics in Healthcare" and"Biomedical Engineering".
- During the work in the project, KSMU employees and teaching staff took part in various types of training:
- Internship in the field of "Informatics in healthcare, quality management of education". (University of Zagreb, Croatia, 3-12 May 2018).
- Internship in the field of "Biomedical Engineering". (Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania, May 10-19, 2018).
- Participation in online courses on working with the Moodle platform, as well as training for the development of distance courses
- Teachers of the KSMU were attracted to teach in the disciplines of " Medical Biology "(Prof. Kuttubaev O. T.) and "Fundamentals of healthcare" (prof. Kononets I. E.) in KSUCTA, where a pilot training in the direction of "Informatics in Healthcare and biomedical engineering"was launched on September 1, 2017.
- seminar on didactics. (TalSU, Talas, August 26-30, 2018).
- seminar on the results of internships in European universities for teaching staff of KSMA. Trainers: KSMA teachers who have completed training in Croatia and Romania. (KSMA, Bishkek, 19-22 June 2018)
- seminar "Information systems in the field of healthcare of the Kyrgyz Republic" with the participation of representatives of the Center for E-Health of the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Mandatory Health Insurance Fund under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Department of Disease Prevention and State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision, the Department of Drug Supply and Medical Equipment, the Republican AIDS Center of the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic and the CАM No. 8 (KSMА, Bishkek, November 27-28, 2018).
- training on the use of medical equipment. (KSMA, Bishkek, 25-29 June 2018).
- training on the topic “Application of the LMS Moodle platform in the organization of E-Learning. Installation, administration, and Advanced features " for IT professionals. ( KSUCTA, Bishkek, April 20-21, 2018)
- training on the development of methodological guidelines for practical classes on the basis of a biomedical laboratory. (KSMA, Bishkek, February 12-13, 2019).
- training in software engineering and medical data processing. (KSTU, KSMA, KSUCTA, Bishkek, March 18-20, 2019).
- training in biomedical engineering. .(Zwickau, Germany, March 23-30, 2019)